EuroSafe Imaging 2020 / ESI-09297
Interacting with children during radiographic procedures
EuroSafe Imaging 2020
Not applicable, Acute, Safety, Digital radiography, Radiographers, Paediatric, Action 12 - Information for and communication with patients
B. Møller Christensen
- Berglund, I.G., Björkman, B., Enskär, K., Faresjö, M., Huus, K. Management of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the Anesthesia and Radiographic Context. Journal of Developlental Pedistrics. 2017; 1-12
- Beukelman, D.R., & Mirenda, P. Augmentative and Alternative Communication: Supporting children and adults with complex communication needs. Baltimore: Paul H. Brooks Pub. 2013.
- Björkman, B.; Golsäter, M.; Simeonsson, R.J.; Enskär, K. Will it Hurt? Verbal Interaction between Child and Radiographer during Radiographic Examination. Journal of Pediatric Nursing. 2013; 28, 10-18.
- Björkman, B. Children in the Radiology Department – a study of anxiety, pain, distress and verbal interaction. Jönköping University: Dissertation Thesis; 2014.
- Björkman, B., Gimbler berglund, I., Enskär, K., Faresjö, M., Huus, K. Peri-radiographic guidelines for children with autism spectrum disorder: a nationwide survey in Sweden. Child; vare, health and development. 2016; 1-6.
- Bultas M.W.; McMillin, S.E.; Zand, D.H. Reducing barriers to care in the Office-based health care setting for children with autism. Journal of Pedistric Health Care 2016; 30;5-14.
- Carlsson, I. M., Nygren, J. M., & Svedberg, P. Patient participation, a prerequisite for care: A grounded theory study of healthcare professionals’ perceptions of what participation means in a paediatric care context. Nursing Open, 2018; 5(1), 45-52
- Charter of Fundamental Rights of the European Union, article 24. https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=CELEX:12012P/TXT
- Davignon, M.N.; Friedlaender, E.; Cronholm, P.F. Parent and provider perspectives on procedural care for children with autism spectrum disorders. Journal of Developmental Behaviour Pediatric, 2014; 35:207-215.
- Gimbler-Berglund, I.; Ericsson, E.; Proczkowska-Björklund, M.; Nurse anaesthetists’ experiences with pre-operative anxiety. Nurs Child Young People. 2013; 25:28-34.
- Gimbler-Berglund. I.; Björkman, B.; Enskär, K.; Faresjö, M. Management of Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder in the Anesthesia and Radiographic Context. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics. 2017; 1-12.
- Gårdling, J. When children undergo radiotherapy. Exploring care, developing and testing preparation procedures. Lund University: Dissetration Thesis; 2017; 1-12.
- Johnson, N.L.; Rodriguez, D. Children with autism spectrum disorder at a pediatric hospital: a systematic review of the literature. Pediatric Nursing. 2013;39:131-141.
- Lindberg, S.; von Post, I.; Eriksson, K. The experiences of parents of children with severe autism in connection with their children’s anaesthetics, in the presence and absence of the perioperative dialogue: a hermeneutic study. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Science. 2012; 26:627-634.
- Møller Christensen, B.; Nilsson, S.; Stensson, M. Developing communication support for interaction with children during acute radiographic procedures. Radiography. 2019;
- Piaget, J. The origin of intelligence in the child. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul; 1953.
- Söderbäck, Coyne, Harder. The importance of including both a child perspecitve and the child’s perspective within healthcare settings to provide truly centred care. Journal of Child Health Care, 2011; 15(2), 99-106
- UNICEF Sverige. Barnkonventionen: FN:s konvention om barnets rättigheter. Stockholm: Unicef Sverige, 2018.
- World Health Organization. COMMUNICATING RADIATION RISKS IN PAEDIATRIC IMAGING (2016) https://www.who.int/ionizing_radiation/pub_meet/radiation-risks-paediatric-imaging/en/